Tuesday, December 23, 2014

A Retrospect on "Lo"

Confessions of a Film Junkie: A Retrospect on “Lo”

By: Brian Cotnoir

     Wow, can you believe that I’ve been at this blog for 4 years now!  To celebrate this impressive accomplishment, I have decided to do a Retrospect on the first film I ever reviewed for Confessions of a Film Junkie: the 2009 Horror-Comedy, “Lo”.

My First Impression of the Film

I was very critical of “Lo” the first time I saw it. I thought it was going to be a Horror film, but it ended up playing out more like a stage play that got poorly adapted to the screen. I claimed it was random and confusing and I had no idea what was going on.  The only character I only liked in the film was the demon Geez. To be perfectly honest, I have no idea why I was harsh with this film.  I think maybe, I was so hard on it because I was trying to play myself off as a cool hates everything film critic.  That’s the only logical reason I could come up with. 

My Second Impression of the Film

     Holy shnikes; this movie is awesome!  I mean it has a little bit of everything.  It has laughs, scares, romance; it has a little bit of everything.  I found every character to be smart, interesting, and very comical.  The acting is all wonderful, and you can tell each actor had a fun time while on screen. The story made more sense the second time around and it was even funnier then I remember.

You're So Much Fun, Lo!

What I’d do to Make the Film Better

The only thing I can think of that needed improvements were cutaway scenes were Lo shows Justin his past where it looks like a stage play.  I think those scenes could’ve been done a little better, and that’s really my only complaint.

My Final Opinion on the Film


Lo” is a Fantastic film.  Not only that, but it is a strange and unique film that I think everyone can’t help, but enjoy.  I think “Lo” is one of those films that you just have to say to people, “Go see this film, you’re just not going to believe how weird and different it is”.  If you haven’t seen it yet, do yourself a favor and go find a copy on-line to watch somewhere, because you can’t go any further in your life without seeing the film “Lo”.

1 comment:

  1. Good work! Glad you're past the 'too trendy to like anything' phase

    ReplyDelete