Tuesday, December 9, 2014

2014 SPLATTER! Award Nominees

Confessions of a Film Junkie: 2014 SPLATTER! Awards Nominees

By: Brian Cotnoir
     
   It’s that time of Year Again! J It’s time for me to talk about the 3rd Annual SPLATTER! Awards on Confessions of a Film Junkie!  This Year, I wanted to do something different: Instead of just handing out my awards at the end of the year like I normally do, I decided to announce my official nominees ahead of time.  Now, just to avoid controversy I must give the “disclaimer” that my nominees and selections are based on films that I personally saw this year.  I will not be surprised if you disagree with some of my choices, but unfortunately I don’t have the time (or money) to see all the Best films of the Year.  If there was a film that you think you think I should have nominated for one of my SPLATTER! Awards then the reason is 99% Most Likely because I didn’t see that particular film this year, but fear not because the Award for Best & Worst Film I saw for the First Time this Year is there mostly to pay homage to some of the Best & Worst Films from the Previous Year that I may not have had the opportunity to have seen.  So without further ado here are my nominees for the 2014 SPLATTER! Awards.


2014 SPLATTER! Award Nominees by Category

BEST FILM OF THE YEAR: (Award Given To what I consider to be the Best Film of 2014)

The Lego Movie (Warner Bros. Pictures/Roadshow Entertainment)

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Marvel Studios/Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures)

Stage Fright (Magnolia Pictures)

WORST FILM OF THE YEAR:(Award Given To what I consider to be the Worst Film of 2014)

Blood Lake: Attack of the Killer Lamprey’s (The Asylum)

Mega Shark vs. Mecha-Shark (The Asylum)

Sleeping Beauty (The Asylum)

BIGGEST SURPRISE OF THE YEAR: (Award Given to a film Released in 2014 that I thought was going to be bad, but I actually ended up liking)

Cabin Fever: Patient Zero (Image Entertainment)

Stage Fright (Magnolia Pictures)

Mercy (Universal Studios)

What the F*ck?! Film of the Year: (Award Given to the film that made me throw up my hands in the air and shout “What the F*ck?!” the most)

As Above, So Below (Universal Pictures/Legendary Pictures)

Beneath (Revolver Picture Co.)

The Coed and the Zombie Stoner (The Asylum)

Mega Shark vs. Mecha-Shark (The Asylum)

BIGGEST DISSAPOINTMENT OF THE YEAR: (Award Given to a film that I had high expectations for that did not meet my expectations)

As Above, So Below (Universal Pictures/Legendary Pictures)

Pompeii (Constantin Films/TriStar Pictures)

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (20th Century Fox)

BEST FILM THAT I SAW FOR THE 1st TIME THIS YEAR: (Award Given to the Best Film that I Saw this year, regardless of Year it was released)

Blue is the Warmest Colour (Wild Bunch, 2013)

The Battery (O. Hannah films, 2012)

Death Machine (Fugitive Features, 1994)

Django Unchained (The Weinstein Company/Columbia Pictures, 2012)

Jug Face (Moderncine, 2013)

WORST FILM THAT I SAW FOR THE 1st TIME THIS YEAR: (Award Given to the WORST Film that I Saw this year, regardless of Year it was released)

  Blood Lake: Attack of the Killer Lamprey’s (The Asylum, 2014)

H.P. Lovecraft’s The Tomb (The Shadow Factory/Lions Gate Entertainment, 2006)

Salo, the 120 Days of Sodom (Les Productions Artistes Associes/United Artists, 1975)


Sleeping Beauty (The Asylum, 2014)

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for the red carpet to get unrolled for your actual picks!

    ReplyDelete