Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A Retrospect on "Daddy's Girl"


Confessions of a Film Junkie: A Retrospect on “Daddy’s Girl”

By: Brian Cotnoir

     Hey All, sorry I didn’t have a post for last week.  I was on vacation in South Carolina and didn’t have my laptop with me.  So again, my apologies.  Also, I recently acquired a new laptop after my old laptop died.  I lost two months’ worth of film reviews.  So please forgive me, if it takes me some time to write a new film review.  So without further ado, here is my retrospect on the 1996 Horror Film “Daddy’s Girl”.

My First Impression of the Film

This was one of the earliest straight-to-video Horror films I reviewed on the blog.  I found the film to be incredibly dull.  I couldn’t get over how boring it was.  It’s funny to see how early I became cynical as a film blogger.  This is one of my earliest incredibly negative reviews of a film.  The reason I found it to be so dull is that it was so poorly written and the acting was so incredibly underwhelming.  There was no subtlety in the acting of the film whatsoever.  I couldn’t tell if the actors were just trying to portray their roles with blind ignorance to every macabre thing the child actor says. 
 

My Impression of the film after seeing it a second time

     Oh God this was a boring film.  I struggled to make it through this film the first time, and I barely made it through in one sitting the second time.  I was texting and checking Facebook for at least 30 minutes while watching “Daddy’s Girl” the second time.  That’s how bored I got with it. It was awful.  I couldn’t find a single redeeming quality to this film.

What I’d do to make the film better


     There is nothing that can be done to make this film better.  The story has been done to death since “The Bad Seed” in 1955.  This is not the first time a film has tried to rip of “The Bad Seed” and it certainly has not been the last.  This is probably the poorest adaptation of the “child is a sociopathic killer” Genre, and this is coming from a guy whose seen “Case 39”.  It’s too poor of a film to be improved upon.


Nope.  There's nothing good about you evil Ginger Child


My Final Opinion on the Film

     This has got to be one of the Dullest Horror Films Ever Made.  Just do yourself a huge favor and skip this film an entirely.  I have subjected myself to it twice now, and I can’t tell you how badly I wish I could have those 3-hours of my life back.  Don’t let my suffering be in vain people.  You can make those 3 lost hours’ worth it by promising me you will never see this film!

No comments:

Post a Comment